The President/ Chief Executive Officer (the “CEO”) is the head of the Executive Management Team and serves as the Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board consistent with the relevant provisions of the Bank’s Charter and By-Laws. The CEO is appointed by the Board of Directors of the Liberia Bank for Development and Investment (LBDI). The President/CEO shall at minimum have the following responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The President/CEO will manage the day-to-day operations of the Bank; this includes defining and implementing the corporate strategies and plans, the finances, revenues, and expenditures within the framework of good corporate governance to produce the desired results that are consistent with the overall strategy and mission of the Bank.
- The President will manage the performance of Functional leaders ensuring that effective and efficient operational systems are in place to drive business objectives.
- He or she will provide credible and agile leadership to the management team ensuring they actively participate in the team and contribute to the development of the Bank.
- The President/CEO will leads in the implementation of the Bank’s strategic plan as approved by the Board ensuring the Bank’s profitability, growth, and success whilst managing the risk. 5. The President/CEO will lead the review of the Bank’s performance strategy including identification of targets and goals as well as compensations for senior management in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- He or she will lead the implementation of the Bank’s strategic plan as approved by the Board ensuring the Bank’s profitability, growth, and success whilst managing the risk.
- The President will lead, inspire, and coach a team of high-caliber professionals, creating succession to key roles and enhancing the Bank’s management capability.
- The Bank Head will foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity and social responsibility; and
- He or she will perform any other functions and duties as may be conferred or imposed from time to time by the Board of Directors of the Bank.
10.The President/CEO will promote a strong risk, compliance, and governance framework ensuring this is embedded across the whole Bank.
11. The CEO is responsible to identify the principal risks of the Bank’s business and implement appropriate systems to manage those risks.
12.The President/CEO shall establish business relationships and represents the Bank to potential clients with the aim of creating value from these relationships.
13.The President/CEO will lead the business’s growth agenda, leveraging technology to provide clients and customers with competitive products and services to achieve desired shareholder returns.
14.He or she shall ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Bank in conformity with and in accordance with laws, regulations of the Institution, Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) directives and guidelines, and all other institutional codes, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, sound business practices and in accordance with the policies and practices approved by the Board of Directors.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- The candidate must have a master’s degree in Banking, Finance and Management, Economics, Business Management or related field; Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Membership in Banking or similar professional body;
- Must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of working experience in the banking sector of which ten (10) of the years must have been at the strategic management level;
- At least seven (7) years leading a Functional team or teams is essential;
- Experience as an Executive Director or interaction with the Board of Directors is desirable;
- Must have experience in working with or understanding the requirements of multilateral financial institutions and be knowledgeable of Financial Institutions’ monitoring framework;
- A distinguished professional history demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the banking industry.
- Extensive knowledge of risk management (especially credit risk), compliance, and governance frameworks;
- Must possess high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- An intelligent individual with strong interpersonal skills to relate to people at all levels of the bank;
- Must have knowledge of computer software application/appreciation;
- Track record of successfully implementing forward-thinking strategies and complying with regulations; and
- Candidate should not be more than 55 years.
- Candidate must be a Liberian
- Candidates must submit 4 professional references.
- 2 passport size photos must be attached.
- Provide copies of professional and academic credentials, resume/CV, and certifications
- Interested applicants must email their credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, March 10, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.