Application deadline: February 1, 2023
The Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center for Women and Development (EJS Center) was founded in 2018 to be a catalyst for political and social change across Africa by helping unleash its most abundant latent power — its women. The EJS Center aims to amplify the voices of women and girls in all spheres of life by increasing the representation of women in public service leadership roles in Africa. Through a unique blend of programming, advocacy, archival research, and museum exhibitions, the EJS Center seeks to become a premier institution dedicated to advancing and sustaining women’s political and social development on the continent
The EJS Center seeks to hire a Community Engagement Consultant to develop and implement community engagement strategies, arrange workshop events, and facilitate partnership between the EJS Center and community leaders, school administrators, religious groups, civil society actors, and local government administrators in target counties (Montserrado, Grand Bassa, Bong, Bomi, Gbarpolu, Margibi). The Communication Engagement Consultant is responsible for strengthening the awareness of EJS Center interventions and ensuring outreach activities are community driven.
Under the direction of the Director of Library, Archives, and Exhibits, responsibilities will include, but are not limited
- Developing, and implementing community engagement and communication strategies.
- Increasing visibility through workshops in communities and promoting partnership with and amongstakeholders.
- Organizing and coordinating all community events. Negotiating with service providers for venue, catering, andlogistics to support engagement outcomes and to ensure value for money.
- Supporting stakeholder engagement by responding to stakeholders’ inquiries in consultation with EJS Centerteam.
- Maintaining and building networks of community, local authority, and civil society organizations to ensurecommunities take ownership and participate positively in all engagements.
- Contributing to reports, and participating in the monitoring, evaluation and learning process of the project.
- Providing technical assistance in the development and dissemination of communications materials.
- Frequent travels in rural communities for planning purposes and physical engagement with stakeholders
- Communicating and liaising with other departments as may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters or other advanced degree in a relevant field is an advantage.
- Minimum five years of experience in development initiatives, public relations, project management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning, logistics, Mass Communication, Sociology, etc.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in donor funded projects, public engagements.
- Experience in community mobilization, and media relations.
- Knowledge of best practices in community building, outreach, community relations, capacity building,convening, and meeting facilitation.
- Experience working collaboratively with individuals from all sectors in the community and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate evidence of planning, organizing and implementing community outreach, and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to meet deadlines, flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams with little or no supervision in the field.
- Very efficient and knowledgeable in the use of computers (Microsoft Application).
Work Location: Monrovia, Liberia with frequent travels to targeted counties.
How to apply: To apply please provide a CV, a Cover letter, and your rates in US dollars to email@example.com by February 1, 2023. Please quote the position title above in the email’s subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please note that all invoices for professional services will be subject to 15% tax deduction for foreign firms and 10% for local firms in accordance with the Liberia tax code.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Center’s website: www.ejscenter.org